Monday, August 16, 2010

Braai time


We headed off to Lake Trillium on Saturday afternoon and the kids had a great time wading in the Lake. It's a very popular place to go at the weekend and there were lots of people floating around on lilos or paddling around on kayaks.


They found a salamander in the waters edge and were very excited with their find. I was quite surprised that Madeleine and Olivia wanted to hold it.


Piet has been desperate to organise a Braai (BBQ) so today he got his wish and cooked us up a real meat feast. We must get ourselves organised with picnic plates as I can see us doing a lot more of this in the future.

We then drove up to the Lodge on top of Mt Hood, it was absolutely freezing up there and very very windy. I don't think I'll be brave enough to ski from here in the winter, think I'll stick to the nursery slopes down the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment