Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Resolved to sew 2012

That will teach me not to save my posts, I've just lost a whole page of waffling :)

Anyhow I had written about how the one thing I wanted to do before we left America was to make myself an American quilt but I really had no idea how I was going to manage it.  So I've just dived right in bought myself a sewing machine and am attemping to make my simple quilts, then hopefully I can start on my project.  I really wish I'd paid more attention to my mum though when she was making stuff for us as children, I'm sure it wouldn't be such a struggle but I am really enjoying it and can't wait to get my machine out in the evening.  Hopefully my little bit of crafting will encourage some of my friends to give it ago and see what great stuff they can whip up with a little bit of effort and very satisfying.  Although I think it's going to take me years to get neat and tidy with my sewing and I'm not sure I have the patience for anything that needs accurate measuring, I think my quilts will always be a bit wonky.

One of the other things I've been enjoying is finding out about a whole new world of craft blogging, you'll see lots of my favourite sites down the right side bar.  One of my favourites is Very Berry Handmade and Ali makes some fabulous creations (some of you have even had them as presents) and she has organised this fabulous fabric give away, click here to see and maybe even enter yourself.

I can't decide which one I like best but I think this would make a cute tote for the girls.





No comments:

Post a Comment