Sunday, April 1, 2012

Skiing

Yikes where has that month gone!!!  The kids have been on spring break so we took them skiing to Mount Hood.   As expected the girls were off after the first lesson, they went up on the chairlift once with Ben and after that they didn't want to wait so were off on their own.


Jonah was a little more cautious than his sisters who just bombed headfirst down the hill but by the end of the day he was very comfortable and we didn't see much of him as he was happy just going up and down by himself.

Max was a little more cautious, it's not that he couldn't do it he chose not too.  He was very good at getting his skis off :)  The instructor took him up and down three times and he managed it all by himself, turning and stopping and I was very impressed by him.



I however was a bit of a disaster on the slopes.  I had no idea how to control my direction so the first two runs were spent mainly digging myself out of the ditch and falling over lots!!!  On the third attempt I went down with Max and Mike and he put me straight, apparently you need to lean left if you want to turn right (obvioulsy). Once I worked that one out I managed to make it down the hill (slowly) without any falls, hopefully next time I'll be able to pick up a bit of speed and catch my kids who wanted to send out a search party for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment